Your hair is your crown keep it long and healthy. Having long hair is a dream of many girls like me. I always wanted to have long hair hence I kept trying many hair oils to improve my hair growth and this worked for me very well and that is why I am here to share it with you.
In this article, I will tell you how to make herbal hair oil at home with all-natural ingredients to get long and healthy hair.
Most of the people use coconut oil or almond oil to hair regularly for moisturization. But did you know adding a few herbs in it can improve your overall hair health and growth? Here in this article, I will tell you the recipe as well as the benefits of all the ingredients we are adding in the oil.
Lets get started…
How to make Herbal hair oil
- Coconut oil – 1 liter
- Mustard seeds – one tablespoon
- Amla – 5 to 6
- Henna leaves – Hand full
- Curry leaves – Hand full
- Fenugreek seeds – Two tablespoon
- Alovera gel ( Fresh ) – Three tablespoon
- Tulasi leaves (Basil) – Hand full
- Hibiscus flower – 5 to 6 flowers
- Small Onion – 5 to 6
- Neem leaf – Hand full
Take a blender and start adding henna leaves, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, amla, Tulasi leaves, aloe vera gel, hibiscus flower, onion, and neem leaves. Mix it well and make a paste. Do not add water, if you feel it dry or difficult to grind add aloe vera gel to attain paste consistency and not water. Keep this paste in a bowl separately.
Take a bowl and add one liter of coconut oil into it and heat it in medium flame. First, add the paste we have made and then the mustard seeds into it.
In medium flame keep stirring the oil until the added ingredients become light black color. It may take up to 45mins. After that filter the oil and remove the residues. Let the oil chill.
How to use
Apply this oil 30mins before hair wash or apply this oil overnight and wash your hair the next day. Apply this on your scalp and hair gently and give a nice massage to promote good blood circulation. Use this at least twice a week for better results.
Benefits of all the ingredients used
- Coconut oil– It moisturizes the hair, prevents hair breakage, and promotes scalp health.
- Mustard seeds– It contains protein, calcium, and Vitamin E Which will help in strengthening the hair.
- Amla– Strengthen the hair, reduces hair loss, and prevents dandruff.
- Henna leaves– It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It helps to strengthen the hair, condition the hair, prevent hair fall, and balance the pH level.
- Curry leaves– It has beta-carotene and proteins which will promote hair growth.
- Fenugreek seeds– It has high protein and nicotinic acid which prevents hair fall and dandruff.
- Alovera gel– It contains a proteolytic enzyme which promotes hair growth.
- Tulasi leaves– It prevents dandruff, hair loss, and adds shine to hair.
- Hibiscus flower-It has amino acids that boost hair growth.
- Onion-It has rich sulfur content which helps to minimize hair thinning.
- Neem leaf-It had anti-bacterial property which helps to reduce dandruff and hair fall.
Image credits- Google and other online sources
This oil worked well for me after continuous usage for one month. So with hope and patience try this herbal oil and share your experience with us. If you have any queries regarding it feel free to comment.
We are here to help you! Cheers!